Mark is a land resources consultant with over 40 years’ experience in natural resource management (NRM) and sustainable land management (SLM) in developing countries. He has a broad interest in soil and land resources and wider land and environment issues with specific interest in land resource evaluation, integrated land use planning, land tenure and resource rights, land and watershed management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) within the land and environment sectors, land use policy, soil erosion and soil & water conservation and sustainable responses to land degradation.
He has been a team member on a number of integrated river basin and water management projects identifying land use mitigation and adaptation options to climate change. He has worked at ministerial and presidential advisory level but is never happier than when meeting land users in the field.
- M.Sc EIA, Env. Audit, Env. Management. UEA, Norwich, UK
- M.Phil Integrated Land Resources Management, Reading University, UKB.Sc Physical Geography, UCW Aberystwyth, UK
- Soil and Land Resources
- Land Evaluation, Land Use and Spatial Planning
- Watershed Management
- Land Degradation and Soil and Water Conservation
- Climate Change
- Land Rights, Land Tenure and Land AdministrationMonitoring & Evaluation
- French – moderately competent
- Spanish, Italian, Portuguese – basic working knowledge